Raffle Sneak Peek: The Stories That Connect Us
Aspire’s Achieving Afterschool Celebration is rapidly coming up, and we can’t wait to see many community members, supporters, and school partners at this fun night of laughter and learning. For those of you who attended the celebration last year, you know the raffle was one of the highlights of the night! Guests went home with Washington Capitols gear, gift cards to many local restaurants, a spa gift basket, and more.
This year, the theme of our raffle is “The Stories that Connect Us.” Aspire knows how important literacy is, especially since reading on grade level is a key predictor of high school graduation. Our afterschool and summer programs have a special focus on reading to help students develop these critical skills, as well as a genuine love of reading and learning. That’s why each raffle basket this year has at least one book (many of them signed!) that’s related to the basket theme. These stories connect us not only to each other and our imaginations, but also to the work that Aspire students do every day in program, the diverse voices of our community, and a vision of Arlington where all students can build thriving futures.
Aspire already has almost 50 raffle partners who have generously donated amazing prizes! But these prizes are only available to people who attend Aspire’s upcoming Achieving Afterschool Celebration on Wednesday, October 25th. So if you’re interested in a chance at winning one of these baskets, buy your ticket today!
Sneak Peek of Raffle Prizes
- Signed books like Tom Lake by Ann Patchett; Poverty, By America by Matthew Desmond; The Heaven and Earth Grocery Store by James McBride; and more!
- Tickets to theater performances at the award-winning Signature Theatre, Creative Cauldron, and George Mason’s Performing Arts Center.
- Tickets to sports games, including a Washington Capitals game, a Washington Nationals game, and a George Mason Athletics game.
- A beautiful terrarium from REWILD to keep some green in your life during the coming winter months, as well as tickets to Mount Vernon and Meadowlark Gardens.
- Gift certificates to local attractions and hangouts like Six Flags, Five Wits Arlington, Politics and Prose, the Museum of Contemporary Art Arlington, Punch Bowl Social, and Movement Rock Climbing.
- Gift cards to local restaurants, including Los Chamacos, Lyon Hall, Liberty Tavern, and Northside Social.
- And many more prizes!