The Development & Communications Coordinator will be the sole staff person entirely dedicated to fundraising, communications, and public outreach activities. With guidance and high-level assistance from the Executive Director, this position will be responsible for implementing all Aspire development efforts including donor relations, fundraising events and corporate and foundation support as detailed in the Development Plan, as well as all major communications efforts, including social media.
- Research new foundation and corporate funding opportunities and prepare and submit grants as assigned. Prepare grant reports, as needed.
- Work closely with Executive Director to obtain private donations, identify, cultivate and solicit existing and new donors.
- Assist in the production and mailing of fundraising appeal letters, annual reports and other donor correspondence.
- Provide direct assistance related to Aspire's fundraising events including facilitating volunteer/board committees, preparing event marketing materials and invitations and arranging and executing logistics. Assist with securing event sponsorships.
- Maintain donor database, ensuring that donor information is up-to-date and error free. Generate necessary reports.
- Execute messaging and communication strategies including Aspire’s website, newsletters, marketing, public relations and social media.
- Responsible for other job duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree with minimum two years experience in fundraising or non-profit field.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and general computer skills.
- Ability to establish rapport and communicate effectively with a variety of people, including staff, Board of Directors and volunteers.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work independently and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to follow through on assigned tasks with minimum supervision.
- Ability to be flexible and assume new tasks as assigned or required.
- Strong communication skills to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of social media outlets and tools.
- 40 hours a week; and
- Flexible hours and opportunity to work remotely pending successful completion of training.